When used correctly, they are very efficient and effective. Here is how it works; basically, a motor pumps water into water-soaked, fibrous pad, while a fan powered by another motor pushes air through the pad, and that’s it!
Here are some comparisons between a swamp cooler vs an air conditioner unit.
- Swamp coolers are best used in hot and dry climates, whereas AC can be used anywhere.
- Swamp coolers are less expensive to install than AC units.
- Swamp coolers add moisture to the air, while AC takes it out of the air.
- Swamp coolers can run with windows and doors open, while AC functions better in an enclosed space.
- Swamp coolers are generally quieter when running than an AC unit.
Maintenance is very low key in a swamp cooler vs an AC unit. Have your swamp cooler checked over and cleaned once a year as a seasonal service. An AC unit, on the other hand, will require checking the filter system often, especially in a dusty environment, as well as at least twice-yearly service and maintenance checks.
Now that you know more about a swamp cooler vs AC unit for your home and the significant differences they offer, call Aspen Creek Heating & Air for a reliable and honest opinion, installation or purchase. We have all the answers you need, provide outstanding customer service and value for our clients. Call us today for a free estimate and great advice.