If you’re asking yourself, does my AC need a tune-up? Chances are, it does or is past due for a tune-up. At Aspen Creek Heating & Air, we have just what you need for a thorough and affordable AC inspection. Read on to learn what to look for and tips to ensure your AC will function at its absolute best when summer arrives.
- Get ready for summer: Ensure your AC unit is prepared for the high demands placed on it when the scorching heat arrives. Just like getting your car tuned up ready for a long trip, your AC deserves the same respect ensuring it does not fail when you need it the most. There is nothing more uncomfortable than having your AC quit working when you need it most.
- Get regular maintenance: Having a tune-up completed at least once a year, preferably twice a year, is always a better option than having a repair done. You can bet that a repair will end up costing you more in the long run. In fact, 50% of your cooling problems could be prevented with annual maintenance, so do not skip out on this critical step.
- Warranty: Most manufacturers require you to have regularly scheduled maintenance service by a professional HVAC specialist to provide you with replacement parts free of charge if you need it. So do not neglect this vital step, which could end up costing you a fortune in the long run. Be sure to check your warranty certificate for all the details that pertain to your specific unit.
- Tune-ups are essential: Expect a 5% decrease in life expectancy of your AC with every year you skip regular maintenance. This happens because dust and debris collect on the coils. This build-up impedes airflow and blocks heat transfer, which causes your air conditioner not to cool your home as efficiently.
Condensate drains need to be checked for clogs as well to prevent water from leaking, and damaging areas of the house inside and out, such as landscaping, paint or interiors. Check motor blowers for lubrication and clean any debris, dust or general build-up. An AC tune-up is generally quick and easy and done before you know it.
- The EPA, EnergyStar, and the USDE all require regular maintenance for obvious energy efficiency reasons, mentioned in the above tips.
So now the choice is really up to you to get a tune-up or not for your AC unit, but with all the above tips and reasons to do so, why would you take the chance and spend more money by NOT having a tune-up? Give your HVAC specialist a call today for a free estimate and some great advice for your specific AC unit.
Does my AC need a tune-up? Not after you call Aspen Creek Heating & Air to get exactly what your AC needs to work properly. An AC tune-up is an essential step for keeping your home and entire family comfortable this summer by scheduling your service appointment before the heat sets in.